Discover the SoundBlaster X-Fi models. What are the differences, what do the models have in common.
What does X-RAM really do? Read about the extra 64MB onboard RAM on the SoundBlaster X-Fi.
Thursday, March 08, 2007
Windows Vista X-Fi Driver
Today Creative Labs released a new X-Fi Driver for Microsoft's new OS Windows Vista. The driver supports both the 32-bit and a 64-bit version of Vista. Driver version is 2.13.0012, dated March 8th.
This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ 64-bit and Windows Vista 32-bit support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic,
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
* Creative Sound Blaster Elite Pro
Current release features:
* X-Fi Crystalizer™
* X-Fi CMSS®-3D
* MIDI Playback
* EAX® Effects
* PCM stereo output through optical out
* Line-in connectivity
* Recording capabilities.
* This driver does not support the following:
o Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS™ signals
o DirectSound®-based EAX games
o 6.1 speaker mode.
* SPDIF passthrough is supported on Vista 32-bit only.
* Applications from the original Sound Blaster X-Fi CD will not work with this download.
* Windows Vista 64-bit or Windows Vista 32-bit
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above.
To download the driver please use Creative's Downloads page.