X-Fi Zone
X-Fi Models

Discover the SoundBlaster X-Fi models. What are the differences, what do the models have in common.

X-RAM Explained

What does X-RAM really do? Read about the extra 64MB onboard RAM on the SoundBlaster X-Fi.

-->

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The X-Fi Scandal?

It seems that the guys at NGOHQ had some issues with their X-Fi card and wrote an article about it. It's actually their personal view on Creative and their "broken product".

The media around the world already covered it and revealed all these issues many months ago. Creative even confirmed some of these issues. Today after many months, we did a little research to find out what has happened since then. We found out that only a few manufacturers have released BIOS updates to solve some of these issues. Creative has made a mysterious firmware upgrade that cannot be found on their website, and some users claimed it killed their card. According to users in their forums, most of the effected consumers are STILL having issues with the X-Fi series.

Now how much truth lies in it is hard to say, everyone seems to have their own opinion and those with the negative one are usually the loudest.

Personally I never experienced any issues with my X-Fi, but I had it installed in only one setup so I might have been lucky. Again, any comments are welcome, those negative and those positive.

Comments

Blogger Max Ender said...

Another owngoal for NGO, they are well known for "scandals". Remember how they claimed AT was stealing their news? The best "BS site of 2006" they are..
No problems with X-Fi on my nForce4 Asus A8N32-SLI board

3:19 AM  
Blogger RosOne said...

A new driver is supposed to be released this monday. If it will help - I don't know, but it seems to me that those crackling and popping problems are hardware related.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hell, I'm having the same problem as before. The crackle, pop, random noises (plays random audio clips from the game). It happens in BF2142, but not in WoW. I have a dual channel setup (verified), a non-SLI video setup, and have the latest DFI LanParty Expert BIOS, so none of Creative's suggested fixes applies to me. So for those who does not fit into Creative's "fix" gets lost in the cracks. I agree that there are still lots of us with whom Creative did not address, and our voice is hushed on their very own forums.

6:33 AM  
Blogger huddielee said...

I bought the game cod5 in december and since than i can't play the game for more than 2 or3 minutes,i've tried everything and finally today (march) i found the problem if i take the x-fi card out everything works fine but offcourse no sound.
Can not find any solution on the web and forums please tell me what to do. I think the best thing is to throw the soundcard 170 euro in the bin.I'm really pissed this is the second time creative pisses me of because when a soundcard is old they also stop the driver support (Platinum ).What are u doing to us

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

« Back to X-Fi Zone Home