Discover the SoundBlaster X-Fi models. What are the differences, what do the models have in common.
What does X-RAM really do? Read about the extra 64MB onboard RAM on the SoundBlaster X-Fi.
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
Tweak Your Remote
Increase the power of your remote, customize and tweak each key the way you want, change the 24-bit Crystalizer settings using your remote or any other option you would like. You can't? Now you can, with Intelliremote.
Intelliremote is an open source application which uses Microsoft's Intellitype instructions to handle any event coming from your remote. Here are some key features:
- NEW! Now supports the new Soundblaster X-Fi series.
- Sits quietly in your tray area awaiting infrared signals
- Smaller memory footprint than Creative RemoteCenter software
- Extends the power of the remote control to any application that supports Intellitype commands such as Winamp
- Simple user interface allows customization of each remote control key
- Remote keys can be mapped to any keyboard event, mouse event, or run an application that you choose
- Preferences are saved in an XML file so your settings are remember each time Intelliremote starts
You really should give it a go because you do want full control of your remote. You can download the latest version from the Malloware website. Big thanks to Porcupine Floyd for the link.