Discover the SoundBlaster X-Fi models. What are the differences, what do the models have in common.
What does X-RAM really do? Read about the extra 64MB onboard RAM on the SoundBlaster X-Fi.
Monday, October 30, 2006
X-Fi Driver Update
Today a new SoundBlaster X-Fi driver has been released. Supported cards include the X-Fi XtremeMusic, X-Fi Platinum, X-Fi Fatal1ty and the Elite Pro. The version number of the latest driver is v2.09.0007.
This download contains an improved version of the drivers found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, Platinum, Fatal1ty and Elite Pro installation CDs. It provides full OpenAL support for gamers. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This download includes Creative Audio Console, which enables you to configure the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.
Added Features or Enhancements:
* Supports OpenAL 1.1
* Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when Cubase® interacts with X-Fi applications
* Allows MidiSynth to synchronize properly with selected SoundFont® content
* Resolves OpenAL issues
* Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
* Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, Platinum, Fatal1ty and Elite Pro audio device
* Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
It's really a good sign seeing that Creative now releases new X-Fi drivers more often. To download the latest version please visit the Downloads page.