Discover the SoundBlaster X-Fi models. What are the differences, what do the models have in common.
What does X-RAM really do? Read about the extra 64MB onboard RAM on the SoundBlaster X-Fi.
Monday, January 01, 2007
Vista X-Fi Driver
Creative Labs released a new beta X-Fi driver for the 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows Vista.
This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® Vista™ 64-bit and Windows Vista 32-bit support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
Take note of the following:
- THIS IS AN UNSUPPORTED BETA DRIVER. There is no technical support for this driver.
- We recommend that only experienced users install this driver. Do not install this driver for critical tasks.
- This driver is for installation with official release versions of Windows Vista only.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic,
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
- Creative Sound Blaster Elite Pro
Current release features:
- X-Fi Crystalizer™
- X-Fi CMSS®-3D
- MIDI Playback
- EAX® Effects
- PCM stereo output through optical out
- Line-in connectivity
- Recording capabilities.
- This driver does not support the following:
- Decoding of Dolby® Digital and DTS™ signals
- DirectSound®-based EAX games
- 6.1 speaker mode.
- SPDIF passthrough is supported on Vista 32-bit only.
- Applications from the original Sound Blaster X-Fi CD will not work with this download.
- Windows Vista 64-bit or Windows Vista 32-bit
- Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above.
For more information and download of the driver please use Creatives downloads page.